Location of dam and HPP
The “Andrijevica” dam is planned at the chainage km 177+200. The location belongs to the municipality of Andrijevica; the nnearest town is Andrijevica.
“Andrijevica” HPP is planned either as a diversion or a non-diversion plant. Diversion “Andrijevica” HPP is located at the chainge km 170+450. Non-diversion “Andrijevica” HPP is located at the chainage km 177+000.
Profile hydrological properties from original documentation
Basic profile hydrological properties (as given in the original technical documentation) are:
- Mean discharge: 29.9 m3/s,
- Ecological flow: 3.9 m3/s and
- Flood discharge referent for design of spillways: 1,580 m3/s (Q0.01).
Basic dam properties are:
- Dam type: rockfill and
- Dam crest elevation: 832 m.a.s.l.
Basic storage properties are:
- Regular water level: 830 m.a.s.l,
- Active volume: 82 million m³and
- Ratio between active volume and mean annual inflow: 0.09.
The plant belongs to the non-diversion type.
Basic HPP/powerhouse properties are:
- Plant type: non-diversion,
- Unit type: Francis,
- Number of units: 2,
- Installed discharge: 100 m3/s,
- Headrace water level: 830 m.a.s.l,
- Tailrace water level: 769 m.a.s.l,
- Gross head: 61.0 m,
- Head loss: 1.0 m
- Net head: 60.0 (nominal),
- Installed power (active): 51 MW (assumed),
- Mean annual electricity generation: 140.5 GWh.
Source: IWRM Country Report for Montenegro, COWI, Stucky and Jaroslav Cerni Water Institute, 2017