Location of dam and HPP
The “Brodarevo I” dam and HPP are planned at the profile “Junakovina”, on the Lim River, at the chainage km 101+887, approximately 3.5 km upstream of the bridge in the settlement Brodarevo. The location belongs to the municipality of Brodarevo; the nearest town is settlement Brodarevo.
Profile hydrological properties from original documentation
Basic profile hydrological properties (as given in the original technical documentation) are:
- Basin area: 2,730 km2,
- Mean discharge: 74.4 m3/s,
- Ecological flow: 10.4 m3/s and
- Flood discharge referent for design of spillways: 2,150 m3/s (Q0.1).
Basic dam properties are:
- Type: gravity, concrete dam,
- Crest elevation: 521.00 m.a.s.l.,
- Height: 38.80 m,
- Length along the crest: 103.20 m,
- Width at the crest: 9.35 m,
- Storage evacuation structures: spillway, two surface and two submerged fields and
- Total evacuation capacity: 2,150 m3/s (Q0.1).
Basic storage properties are:
- Regular water level: 519 m.a.s.l.,
- Maximum water level: 519 m.a.s.l.,
- Minimum operating water level: 517 m.a.s.l.,
- Total volume: 3.99 million m3,
- Active volume: 1.02 million m3
- Inactive volume: 2.97 million m3and
- Surface area: 0.516 km2 (at the maximum water level).
The plant belongs to the non-diversion type.
Basic HPP/powerhouse properties are:
- Plant type: non-diversion,
- Unit type: Kaplan,
- Number of units: 3,
- Installed discharge: 3 x 60 = 150 m3/s,
- Tailrace water level: 496.31 m.a.s.l.,
- Gross head: 22.69 m,
- Head loss: 0.30 m,
- Net head: 22.39 m,
- Installed power: 26.10 MW,
- Mean annual electricity generation: 103 GWh and
- Connection voltage level: 110 kV.
Source: IWRM Country Report for Serbia, COWI, Stucky and Jaroslav Cerni Water Institute, 2017