Location of dam and HPP
The “Gradac” dam and HPP are located on the Ćehotina River. The location belongs to the municipality of Gradac; the nearest town is Pljevlja.
Profile hydrological properties from original documentation
Basic profile hydrological properties (as given in the original technical documentation) are:
- Mean discharge: 12.56 m3/s,
- Ecological flow: 1.25 m3/s (assumed).
Basic storage properties are:
- Regular water level: 742 m.a.s.l,
- Active volume: 85 million m3 and
- Ratio between active volume and mean annual inflow: 0.21.
Basic properties of water conduits are:
- Diversion conduit length: 4,000 m.
Basic HPP/powerhouse properties are:
- Unit type: Francis (assumed),
- Number of units: 2 (assumed),
- Installed discharge: 38 m3/s,
- Tailrace water level: 664 m.a.s.l (assumed),
- Gross head: 78 m,
- Head loss: 8 m,
- Net head: 70 m,
- Installed power: 23 MW and
- Mean annual electricity generation: 65.5 GWh.
Source: IWRM Country Report for Montenegro, COWI, Stucky and Jaroslav Cerni Water Institute, 2017