Location of dam and HPP
“Kozluk” dam and HPP are planned at the chainage km 60+200, in the vicinity of the Kozluk settlement. The location belongs to the municipality of Kozluk and the nearest town is Banja Koviljača.
Profile hydrological properties from original documentation
Basic profile hydrological properties (as given in the original technical documentation) are:
- Mean discharge: 369 m3/s (at the “Zvornik” HPP profile),
- Ecological flow:71 m3/s (at the “Zvornik” HPP profile) and
- Flood discharge referent for design of spillways: 8,000 m3/s (Q0.1).
Basic dam properties are:
- Type: gravity, concrete,
- Crest elevation: 137.5 m.a.s.l.,
- Height: 38 m (construction height),
- Length along the crest: 282 m (approximate),
- Storage evacuation structures: gated spillway, 8 fields and
- Total evacuation capacity: 8,000 m3/s.
Basic storage properties are:
- Regular water level: 135.0 m.a.s.l.,
- Maximum water level: 135.0 m.a.s.l.,
- Minimum operating water level: 129.5 m.a.s.l.,
- Total volume: 49.8 million m3,
- Storage length: 19.1 km and
- Surface area: 7.2 km².
The plant belongs to the non-diversion type.
Basic HPP/powerhouse properties are:
- Plant type: non-diversion,
- Unit type: bulb with horizontal shaft,
- Number of units: 4,
- Installed discharge: 800 m3/s,
- Tailrace water level: 121.00 m.a.s.l.,
- Gross head: 14.0 m (operating head),
- Head loss: 0.4 m,
- Net head: 12.9 m,
- Installed power: 88.5 MW and
- Mean annual electricity generation: 376.0 GWh.
Present “Zvornik” HPP installed discharge amounts to 600 m3/s, but it planned to be increased to 800 m3/s, in order to align this part of the HPP cascade regarding discharges. Installed discharge of the “Bajina Bašta ” HPP can be modified during the rehabilitation process and by installation of the fifth unit.
Source: IWRM Country Report for Serbia, COWI, Stucky and Jaroslav Cerni Water Institute, 2017