Location of dam and HPP
“Lukin Vir” dam is planned at the chainage km 168+700 in the region of the village of Trešnjevo. The location belongs to the municipality Trešnjevo; the nearest town is Berane.
Profile hydrological properties from original documentation
Basic profile hydrological properties (as given in the original technical documentation) are:
- Basin area: 905 km2,
- Mean discharge: 36.4 m3/s,
- Ecological flow: 4.9 m3/s and
- Flood discharge referent for design of spillways: 1,705 m3/s (Q0.01).
Basic dam properties are:
- Dam type: rock fill,
- Dam crest elevation: 742 m.a.s.l,
- Storage evacuation structures: gated spillway, 3 fields.
Basic storage properties are:
- Regular water level: 740 m.a.s.l,
- Minimum operating water level: 730 m.a.s.l,
- Active volume: 12 million m3,
- Ratio between active volume and mean annual inflow: 0.01.
The storage is used for regulation of water coming from the direct basin (from the tributary Zlorečica River), as well as the compensation basin for the upstream peak-load plant “Andrijevica” HPP.
The plant belongs to the non-diversion type.
Basic HPP/powerhouse properties are:
- Plant type: non-diversion, storage,
- Unit type: Kaplan,
- Number of units: 2,
- Installed discharge: 100 m3/s,
- Headrace water level: 740 m.a.s.l,
- Tailrace water level: 720 m.a.s.l,
- Gross head: 20.0 m,
- Head loss: 0.5 (assumed)
- Net head: 19.5 m (nominal),
- Installed power: 13.3 MW and
- Mean annual electricity generation: 50 GWh.
Source: IWRM Country Report for Montenegro, COWI, Stucky and Jaroslav Cerni Water Institute, 2017