Location of dam and HPP
“Otilovići” dam is built on the Ćehotina River at the distance of approximately 7 km from the town of Pljevlja. The location belongs to the municipality of Otilovići and the nearest town is Pljevlja.
Profile hydrological properties from original documentation
Basic profile hydrological properties (as given in the original technical documentation) are:
- Mean discharge: 4.15 m3/s (0.53 m3 is extracted from the flow for use in priority consumers),
- Ecological flow: 0.80 m3/s and
- Flood discharge referent for design of spillways: 166 m3/s (Q0.1, 95% confidence interval).
Basic dam properties are:
- Dam type: arch concrete dam and
- Dam height: 59 m.
Basic storage properties are:
- Regular water level: 837 m.a.s.l,
- Minimum operating water level: 822 m.a.s.l,
- Total volume: 18 million m3 and
- Active volume: 13 million m3.
Basic properties of water conduits are:
- Penstock length: 105 m and
- Penstock diameter: 1.8 m.
Basic HPP/powerhouse properties are:
- Plant type: diversion,
- Unit type: Francis with horizontal shaft,
- Number of units: 2 (smaller unit uses ecological flow),
- Installed discharge: 8.00 for unit 1 and 1.00 for unit 2,
- Tailrace water level: 797 m.a.s.l (assumed)
- Gross head: 40 m (assumed),
- Head loss: 0,5 m (assumed),
- Net head: 39,50 m,
- Installed power (active): 2.635 + 0.326 = 2.961 MW,
- Mean annual electricity generation: 11,52 GWh and
- Connection voltage level: 35 kV.
Source: IWRM Country Report for Montenegro, COWI, Stucky and Jaroslav Cerni Water Institute, 2017