Location of dam and HPP
The “Mekote” dam and HPP are planned on the Ćehotina River. The location belongs to the municipality of Mekote; the nearest town is Pljevlja.
Profile hydrological properties from original documentation
Basic profile hydrological properties (as given in the original technical documentation) are:
- Mean discharge: 15.39 m3/s and
- Ecological flow: 1.5 m3/s (assumed).
Basic storage properties are:
- Regular water level: 657 m.a.s.l,
- Active volume: 74 million m3 and
- Ratio between active volume and mean annual inflow: 0.15.
Basic properties of water conduits are:
- Diversion conduit length: 6,200 m.
Basic HPP/powerhouse properties are:
- Unit type: Francis (assumed),
- Number of units: 2 (assumed),
- Installed discharge: 38 m3/s,
- Tailrace water level: 583 m.a.s.l,
- Gross head: 74 m,
- Head loss: 12 m,
- Net head: 62 m,
- Installed power: 26 MW and
- Mean annual electricity generation: 70.6 GWh.
Source: IWRM Country Report for Montenegro, COWI, Stucky and Jaroslav Cerni Water Institute, 2017